One more reason to reduce your lawn!!
Alright, the above headline is a bit of a marketing ploy and doomsayer speak, but the statement, in it’s essence is true.
“According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), a new gas powered lawn mower produces volatile organic compounds and nitrogen oxides emissions air pollution in in in one hour of operation as 11 new cars each being driven for one hour.”
It is estimated that 5% of the pollution in the USA is from mowers. In using 800 million gallons of gas per year for mowing, we spill over 17 million gallons with the refueling of the various lawn equipment. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), a new gas powered lawn mower produces volatile organic compounds and nitrogen oxides emissions air pollution in in in one hour of operation as 11 new cars each being driven for one hour.
for information go to http://www.peoplepoweredmachines.com/faq-environment.htm
ReThink Resources was founded on the belief that we must take action through services and education. Services include LEED AP, Water Star AP,Sustainable Landscape Design, Horticulture and Eco Conulsting Services. Education being the most important, can be given freely and passed on with out cost. This blog aims to suppliment the education aspect of our company.
Our mission is provide quality environmentally friendly services, eco-consulting services and enlightenment to our clients, because we realize that the Earth is the only home we have.
Edward Crowley LEED AP, GI-BMP, ASLA
- Construction Documents for Polk County Courthouse Parking Garage fb.me/2yYbpmBFE 2 years ago
- Backyard Design for Residential Client fb.me/6HLqCHgle 2 years ago
- SHE SPACE "Outdoor spaces exclusively for her." sustainabledesignandconsulting.com 2 years ago
- Illustrative Site Plan for Community Entrance Redesign fb.me/6CtP8Dn9V 3 years ago
- Quick curb appeal graphic before and after for a recent client fb.me/32Phy9MKK 3 years ago
- Concept for Berkley Accelerated Middle School in Auburndale fb.me/1H2xiJ0JX 3 years ago